We are running a state-of-the art dynamic 24/7 network service operation with high levels of automation. We are looking for a Service Operations Manager based out of Amsterdam, reporting directly to our Chief Technical Officer. The scope of work is international, as our clients are large multinational corporations.
Full time job, 40 hour per week, 1 Year contract, with a decent compensation package.
About the Role
Safeguarding the availability and quality of our Network Services at all times, the Service Operations Manager takes care of IPknowledge subscribers, and is responsible to ensure their satisfaction with IPknowledge network services (after they have been delivered by the ‘Service Delivery’ department).
You are supported by advanced systems for automated surveillance, measuring, monitoring and alerting, workflow and communication (internal and external).
The Service Operations Manager constantly interacts with our valued clients, keeping them up to date on reported issues (‘incidents’ and service requests), with an aim to resolve them in the shortest timeframe possible. You are there to ensure execution of our operational processes & procedures vis a vis our SLA and related ‘promises’ made to our customers.
You manage and work with the externally hosted NOC (staff of 25 people for 1st line support) and ensure they handle incidents and faults within the applicable SLA and related high standards. You will liaise with the other IPknowledge business units to ensure our clients are served well. .
The Manager Service Operations ensures the creation of monthly/quarterly reports, and conducts the service reviews with the key customers: ‘closing the loop’ to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. In addition you may occasionally assist the Service Delivery team with large implementation projects for new customers.
Profile & competences
- Hands-on troubleshooter (helpful & inventive)
- Customer-oriented communicator (keeps promises: involved, integrity)
- Adaptable Team player (proactive: plans and organises)
- Results-oriented (resolve problems and drive customer satisfaction)
- Action & results oriented (gets things done, decisive).
- Attention for detail (analytical, expertise).
- Structured (Agrees & communicates mutual goals, Monitors Progress)
- Stress resistant
- Handles (confidential) information in an appropriate manner
- Ensure proper monitoring & response & follow up to IPK subscribers, in particular for issues with:
- internet access lines
- global SASE and/or SD-WAN networks and relevant services
- Service assurance & support systems & processes: Operate, execute..
- Operate IPK systems for WAN registration and Operations: monitoring and workflow management.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly reporting for IPK subscribers, in line with their SLAs.
- Be the 1st line support contact during business hours, and dispatch more complex issues to your technical colleagues who do 2nd and 3rd line technical support.
- While you learn the world of internet-based connectivity, you will be able to solve simpler incidents with Internet access autonomously.
- Coordinate activities of multiple teams to prevent and resolve issues with our subscription-based services (this includes interacting with international Internet Service Providers)
- Measure & track reaction and resolution times of our 24/7 Network Operations Centre.
- Hand-shake or ‘acceptance’ of newly delivered connectivity services: Develop and perform necessary checks before accepting operational responsibility for a new service. (ensure an installation/provisioning/change) is properly finalised by the Service Delivery team)
- KPI tracking: track network availability and incident reaction/resolution time for key customers.
Know-how and experience
- Higher-education (HBO) work and thinking level.
- Passion for customer satisfaction, supporting, and service mindset
- Passion for excellence, to learn, grow and improve. Both in business and personal.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Plus: affinity with Internet/IP networks, Jira (Atlassian), Service/ Operations processes (ITIL V3 foundation)
- Decision making power
- Authority to execute service assurance & support process.
- Authority to view network monitoring & surveillance systems & create dashboards.
- Authority to handle/dispatch/delegate incidents.
- Authority to delegate work to Network Service Engineers
- Authority to escalate issue to internal commercial resources
- Authority to view customer network statistics
We are ambitious
and deliver on our promise:
“we grow together”