Linux | Network Service Engineer
Give your career and life a boost in dynamic Amsterdam. Linux network service engineers from all over the EU can work at IPknowledge from 1 September 2020. We are ambitious and deliver on our promise: “we grow together”.
Full time job, 40 hour per week, 1 Year contract, with a decent compensation package:
- Gross salary €3000,- – €3900,- per month
- 25 Vacation days
- 8% holiday allowance
- Twice per year free travel to home country
- Work 4 weeks remotely from home country
- €1500,- contribution to relocation cost
- Company Laptop – (Choose your own – max value EUR 3500)
- Company Mobile phone
- Company Car
- 2 Trainings per year
- Apartment in/near Amsterdam for first 3 months
- Plenty Career opportunities – we grow together!
- Work from our nice office @ Scalehub Amsterdam Amstel business park
- Unlimited access to gym workout sessions www.workoutamsterdam.nl @ Scalehub Amstel business park
- Mastering state-of-the art network and analytics technology
Note on COVID19
The Corona crisis impacts our clients and the rest of the telecom sector. Together with our clients and partners we are preparing for the new normal, with potential new outbreaks and lock-down situations. This requires flexibility. We keep fine tuning and adapting our business. As situations may change from time to time, we invite you to reach out to us, and discuss. Together we’ll find a way forward!
About the Role
We are running a state-of-the art dynamic 24/7 network service operation with high levels of automation. We are looking for a Network service engineer based out of Amsterdam, reporting directly to our Chief Technical officer. The scope of work is international, as our clients are large multinational corporations. This will be a second step in your career.
- Here to help
- Get things done
- Drive to improve and innovate.
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Passion for automation & programming
- Linux, TCP/IP
- Network & analytics
- Background in IT, software development, and/or networking.
- Light programming (e.g. bash scripting, perl, python)
- English +1 language
Our enterprise clients rely on IPknowledge for continuous and secure cloud access worldwide.
You take responsibility for performant & secure global network service:
- Ensure corporate application delivery through orchestrating quality network services
- Monitor global SASE and/or SD-WAN networks including internet access lines
- Operate and further enhance our in-house (linux based) systems for global network registration, monitoring, analytics, reporting and workflow management.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support.
- Coordinate activities of multiple teams including technology vendors and Internet Service Providers.
- Work hand-in-hand with our 24/7 Network Operations Center in Amsterdam, who handle 1st line support
- Assist with implementing customer projects as defined by our sales team.
- Further improve and automate our monitoring, service assurance & support systems and processes.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Secure, continuous and performant network service
- Swift delivery of service requests & changes
- collect network performance metrics
- meet network Service Level Objectives
- timely reporting to Service Manager and Customer
- maximize site availability (minimize downtime)
- swift (automated) Root Cause Analysis
- short MTTR
- proactive alerting and ticket handling for our 24/7 NOC
We’re here to help. To keep promises. And to inspire.
Network as a Service
IPknowledge connects people across organizations, around the world and to every application. We provide cloud-native connectivity, security and monitoring services that are powerful, agile and simple. Our Network-as-a-Service approach allows our clients to benefit from secure digital performance while eliminating networking equipment and related operations worldwide. Unlike traditional telecom operators, we orchestrate network services, rather than building capital-intensive physical infrastructure. So we can focus on the service to our corporate clients. This is how we provide continuous, powerful and secure digital performance. Globally connected. Secure access. Rest assured.